Saturday, May 31, 2008

Choices

I feel like I am in a new place in life. You know how there are significant moments in your life when you know that you are moving on to a new place or a new chapter in your life? Like graduation, college, marriage, a new job, or children etc. And then there are times that you all of a sudden look back and realize that you are in a new place, not because of one specific thing or happening, but because of the small choices you are making everyday. It's like your life has shifted to a new place without you even really noticing. This kind of slow shifting can take you to a good place, or to a not so good place depending on the choices you adn I make. I have been on a journey over the past 3 months of my life. A journey to figure out who I am as a person and who I am in Christ. This journey has not been easy, or even fun for that matter, but it's been a journey that was needed and that I am learning to enjoy. I am amazed at how much I am learning and how much I am growing. Making good choices is not always easy and can at times be very lonely. But when I look back and see how making right choices in the small every day decisions have affected where I am at today, it truly makes it all worth it. I am so excited for the future and so excited to see who God will bring in to my life and where He is going to take me. For now though, I will continue to make right choices daily. Not just when it's easy, or when it feels right, but when I don't feel like it, or when I want to just give up. This is when the choices that might seem little today will affect yours and my tomorrow more that you can even imagine.

No comments: